How to Delete a YouTube Channel?
Deleting a YouTube channel might seem like rocket science but, surprisingly it is easy and done quickly. Deleting your channel means deleting your videos, comments, and playlist.
Once you deleted all the data gone forever. No recovery option is available after deleting your channel. If you want a less permanent solution, then my suggestion is to hide your channel.
It just makes your channel private to everyone. The data stays, but comments and replies will be permanently deleted from your channel. You can make it public again by just filling a form.
If you want to delete your channel then, there are some simple steps that you can follow to delete your YouTube channel. By following these steps, you can understand How to Delete a YouTube channel.
Steps of Deleting a YouTube Channel
No matter why you want to call it quits with YouTube, the great news is that it’s easy to solve How to Delete a YouTube Channel?
Step 1: Open YouTube on the Web
- Sign in to YouTube with that channel you want to delete.
- Click on your profile icon, then select the “Settings” option from the menu bar.
Step 2: Open Advance Settings
- The new account page opens after a click on settings, then
- Go down and select the “Advanced settings” option
Step 3: Click on Delete
- Go down and choose the “Delete Channel” option, if you want to delete your channel.
- They check by taking your password to verify it’s you or not, insert your email and password.
Step 4: Choose the Right Option
YouTube asks to select one of two options.
- I want to hide my channel.
- I want to permanently delete my content.
A drop-down sign in front of “I want to permanently delete my content” and select the option to “Delete my content”
Step 5: Confirm to Delete
- After click on “Delete my content” confirms that your channel is permanently deleted.
Consequences of Deleting Your YouTube Channel
You must know what it indicates to permanently delete your YouTube channel. Just in case when you will regret your decision.
- Keep in mind that if you delete your channel, The platform deletes the videos that are on your channel.
- What you have uploaded, as well as the comments, messages, playlists, and history.
- You cannot view the URL of your channel, nor can you search for its caption. Now the data linked with the channel, such as the watch time, is available in the reports.
Related Post: How to change your YouTube URL?
How to Hide Your Channel Temporary?
The platform gives you another option that is hiding your channel. You can hide content from your YouTube channel.
Hiding your channel will make channel name, videos, likes, subscriptions, and subscribers private the comments and replies are permanently deleted.
All the procedure is same as above you will just pick a different option from the “Delete account” page. Now you can understand how to delete a YouTube channel and how to hide a channel most simply.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio in the web browser.
- Below the profile, icon click on ” Settings“
- It will take you to the next page where you can select the ” Channel” option.
- where you can see the ” Advanced settings” option click on it, go down, and choose” Remove YouTube content“.
- Put your email and password to sign in that YouTube wants to verify it is you or not.
- The next page appears to have two options; the first one is to delete your account and the second one is to hide your account.
- To hide your account, click on the second option”I want to hide my channel“
- A drop-down sign shows in front of hiding my channel.
- Click on it and, the drop menu appears. You will select what will hide and what will be permanently deleted.
- Check all the boxes and select the “hide my channel”
- The pop-up bar will appear for confirmation.
- Click on ” hide my content”
- Now your channel is hidden it may take some minutes to process.
How to re-enable hidden channels?
The platform gives you another option that is hiding your channel. If you want to make your content viewable, or if you want to upload, comment, or use playlists, you must turn on the channel.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to create a channel and fill out the form. This procedure will recover your YouTube channel.
- In the form, don’t click to use a business and other names, this step will generate a new channel instead of restoring your hidden channel.
Later you re-create your public channel and, you can make your videos and playlists viewable on the content page.
If you have a Brand Account
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Tap your profile icon
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Account. and then click on manage your channel
- Select the hidden channel.
- On the prompt to create a new channel.
- Click OK.
If you deleted your Brand Account
If you recently deleted your account, you may be able to recover it. On your computer, open a web browser. for example,
- Go to the Brand Accounts section of your Google Account.
- Scroll down and tap on Deleted accounts.
- Select the account you want to restore.
- Tap to Restore this Brand Account.
The restored account will display in your listing of Brand Accounts.
In this article, you will get the proper guidelines, Now you can understand how to delete a YouTube channel in easy steps. You will learn how to hide your YouTube channel and how to re-enable it too.
It will be a proper guideline to help you to understand it in a better way. You can also restore your brand accounts if you have. You can follow these steps to delete and restore your channel.
If you want to get an online service for your channel or Business, check the all services of our site.
Leave a Reply