How to Crop in illustrator?
Adobe illustrator is a professional platform for graphic art. Use for a large program design workflow and it is allowed to design from little design to larger or entire composition. It is used to design logos, posters, icons, and many other things.
Adobe illustrator app that lets you capture your illusions into shapes and effects and typography.
It is used by many graphic designers, web designers, and professional illustrators throughout the world to develop high-quality artwork.
Illustrator’s skill to place texts over a curve is especially useful for artists developing logos.
Illustrator is also used in designing mock-ups that demonstrate what the website will look like when it’s finished, and creating icons used within apps or websites.
Illustrator contains several sophisticated drawing instruments that can decrease the time, need to create illustrations. So, now we will learn how to crop in illustrator?
I will guide you on how to crop an image in adobe illustrator. You can crop images with new cropping tools.
Step by Step Guide: How to Crop in illustrator?
There are some steps that you need to follow to crop an image on illustrator.
Step 1: Open the AI
Click on the “AI” adobe illustrator icon.
Step 2: Click on Create a new and Open
To Create a New
When you click on create a new illustrator file. You need to click on “New” from the title screen.
To open an existing file you need to click on “Open” on the screen below the create a new option then scroll down to click on the existing file that you want to crop.
Step 3: Put an image in illustrator
- Click on the “File”.
- When a drop-down menu bar opens, select the “Place” option.
- Select an image and place it in illustrator.
- Click to drag an image that you want.
Step 4: Click on the Selection Pointer
Choose the first solid black pointer from the top of the toolbar.
Step 5: Click on an image that you want to crop
- Go on the top of the screen, you can see the control bar.
- Select the “Crop Image” option.
Step 6: Select the area you want to crop
- The dotted box appears on the image.
- You can drag it for extending from the corners and side of the image.
- The blurred part will be removed from the image.
Step 7: Select Ok
When you get the desired image after cropping, Go to the Top of the control bar and click on the “Apply” option.
Now you crop your image successfully from the Adobe Illustrator app.
The most important thing about the adobe illustrator function; you can use this “crop image” tool from 2017 to the onward version.
Crop image from Clipping Mask
- To open and create a file in adobe illustrator.
- If you want a result for the first time then click on the “create a new” option, if you want a result on an existing file then click on the “open” option.
- Place an image in adobe illustrator, by using these steps,
Click on the file. Choose the “place” option from the dropdown menu.
- After selecting an image, select the shape of the clipping mask. Use the rectangle and ellipse tool.
- Use pen tool for custom shapes.
- Place the shape over the area that you want to keep.
- Click on the selection pointer that is on the top of the toolbar.
- Select to cut all the areas that you don’t want, this only selects that area that has a clipping mask shape.
- Go to the top of the menu bar and select the “object” option. The drop-down menu appears, click on the “clipping mask” option.
- Now you create an area with the desired shape by clipping the mask.
Here you can understand how to crop in illustrator and how can use a clipping mask.
Adjust the Crop Widgets
Determine the size of the crop widget. If the width and height areas are linked, they need to maintain proportions wise when changed.
Click the link icon, to delink and alter the width and height values independently
To Resizing your Crop Image
- Determine the Height and the Width from the Control bar that is on the top.
- Drag from corners or edges.
Scale the crop widget proportionally
Press “Shift” to measure the widget proportionally.
Scale the widget from the center
- Press “Alt” to measure the widget from the center of an image.
- Use the pinch-to-zoom movement on touch screen gadgets.
Export your Crop Image
Export your crop image by using the Export asset menu. After cropping your image you need to export it to your computer in a useable format like PNG and JPG formats.
The Export assets menu allow us to save our file in various formats and sizes.
- First of all, Select the area where you want to export the image.
- Select one option from “scale” and “format” that helps you to export the desired file to the computer according to your need.
- Customize the scale, formats, and suffix accordingly.
- Click on the “Export asset”
Your file finally exports to your computer. Your image should be waiting for you in its designated location.
Now you can understand how to crop in illustrator. You can crop images in Adobe Illustrator, it is not needed to crop in just adobe illustrator. If you think it is the best and easy way then do it.
If you want an image to be a particular shape in Illustrator, it may be easier to crop it first using different tools and shapes.
It depends on you, what your workflow is like, and how numerous images you need to crop. Now you can crop your images easily by these all instructions that I provided you in steps.
Cropping images in illustrator is not a big task. Once you know what you’re doing you can easily crop images into squares or rectangles. you can use clipping masks to crop images into whatever shape you like the most.
For more updates about graphic designing visit our website.
Leave a Reply