How to change your YouTube URL?
YouTube offers to their channels to set their custom URL after reaching their eligibility requirements. A custom URL is the channel URL that you can share with your audience.
Your YouTube channel URL is created with your custom name. It is shows like youtube.com/yourcostumname. If you have a custom URL and, you want to change it, then there is an easy way to remove the first one you have then claimed the new URL.
Before, there is no option to change anything on your YouTube channel. Now with some conditions, YouTube allows you to add changes if you want them. YouTube makes changes in their policies and, you can change channel URL up to 3 times per year.
This article helps you to understand how to change your YouTube URL. If you want a custom URL then you must know the important conditions that your channel must have,
- 100 plus subscribers on your YouTube channel.
- At least 30 days old YouTube channel.
- Profile picture uploaded on YouTube channel.
- The cover picture has must upload to that channel.
Related post: How to See your Subscribers on YouTube?
How to change an existing YouTube custom URL?
To change your YouTube URL, you must follow these steps; in these steps, you are allowed to change your YouTube URL. there are two ways to change your YouTube custom URL.
- Deleting the previous one.
- Changing the channel name.
Deleting the previous URL
In this way, you can delete the previous URL and make a new one Now you can understand how to change your YouTube URL simply.
Sign in to your YouTube studio
open “YouTube studio” and select the menu bar for choosing the ” Your Channel”
Customize your channel
- Click on the ” Customize Channel “
- The next page has the ” Basic Info” option click on it.
Delete the URL
- Click on “Delete” which is shown below the custom URL after that, the confirmation box pops up on the screen ” confirm ” to remove the URL
Go to about me
- Click to “Remove” again the URL from “About Info”
- Confirmation to remove: Click on “Remove” and confirm to delete
Change your channel name
You can also change the URL only if you change your channel name. Go to the place where you can change your profile picture, but instead change your channel name.
Then click on the “basic info” section and delete your old custom URL. Make a different one with a new channel name and claim a fresh URL with your new channel name.
Important note: remember that before removing you cannot create a new one instantly. YouTube says it takes a couple of days to deactivate the previous URL
How to create a custom URL for your channel on YouTube?
In this, I will share the steps after changing your custom URL how to make a new one in the simplest way
There are some steps to follow when you are making a new URL for your channel on YouTube.
Sign in to YouTube
you can sign in to your YouTube account by using your google
Go to YouTube studio
you can open the YouTube studio and open the sidebar and click on “Your Channel” you can also click on “Content”
Customize/ edit your channel
- Click on the “customize channel” button.
- Click on the ” Basic Info “
Create a new custom URL
- Go down and click on ” Create a custom URL for your channel”
- The next bar pops up on your screen, in which you can add numbers or letters to make it more unique.
- Green tick shows that URL is unique
- Click on “confirm” and then,
- Click on “Publish”
Benefits of custom YouTube URL
- Now you know how to change your YouTube URL, you should the main reason why people prefer custom URLs rather than general URLs?
- These are 3 benefits of changing your YouTube URL and make it unique to make people more familiar with your URL.
Easy to remember URL
URLs can be entirely long. Many URLs are made with random letters, numbers, and symbols. Remember your custom URL must be easier than the general URL.
Make it easier for people to remember. People are much more likely to remember a shorter URL with exact words versus a very long URL with different letters, numbers, and figures.
Easy to share URL
Your custom URL must be more friendly to share than the default URL. Your custom URL is made with actual words rather than random letters, numbers, or symbols.
Therefore, it is simpler to orally share a custom URL because you can speak out the words versus saying letters, numbers, and figures of the general URL.
SEO friendly URL
Customized URLs reach out above all other links because they are different. You need people to memorize your YouTube channel or business.
You can further add keywords to your custom URL. Adding keywords will not only better your URL also make it different from others, but also improve with SEO.
You want that type of custom URL that helps you to make your website more SEO-friendly. It is because when people search up those keywords in a result, your website will seem in their search engine result on top.
A URL shortener is a tool that you can use to convert a long URL into a shorter URL. you can use Bitly to shorten the URL. Generated links can be much longer.
Long links are difficult to memorize and not very friendly to look at if we are related to custom URLs. Some advantages of creating your URL;
- Shortened URLs include having more command over your URL,
- Appear as more professional.
- Easier to share over social media and other platforms.
Now you can understand how to change and create the URL of your channel, why people prefer the custom URL rather than the default URL, and how to make a unique user-friendly URL.
You create your own shorter URL for your channel and take advantage of this article. The steps and benefits which I discussed, improve your own and business URL. You can grow your channel with these steps and make a unique URL for your YouTube channel.
If you want to get an online service for your channel or Business, check the all services of our site.
Leave a Reply